Your veterinary medical “team” should be made up of you, the general practice veterinarian the AVH Board certified veterinary homeopath (CVH), and a specialist when needed.
Difficult surgical cases may be best managed by a specialist. When a referral is indicated, your veterinary homeopath will discuss this process you.
The ACVS’s (surgical Board) five questions to ask your vet before your pet has a surgical procedure:
- “How often does your vet perform this surgery?
- Does the surgery require special equipment and is it readily available?
- Does my pet’s surgery require a specialist?
- What should I expect the outcome of the surgery to be?
- What follow-up care is necessary?”
And I would add a sixth and seventh questions:
- Which anesthetic protocol will be used?
- Will my pet be monitored closely by trained personnel (other than the surgeon) both during and after surgical anesthesia?