Remend corneal repair gel-3ml
2 in stock
Remend® Corneal Repair Gel can be beneficial when a high concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) may be needed or desired for treatment of superficial corneal ulcers.
• Containing 0.75% Hyasent-S (modified, cross-linked HA), Remend® Corneal Repair Gel can be beneficial to veterinary practices when a high concentration of HA may be needed or desired for treatment of superficial corneal ulcers
• Offers convenient daily administration options (two to three times a day) for some dogs.
• Convenient administration encourages owner compliance and treatment continuity while simplifying pet care
• Lubricates the corneal surface and helps maintain a moist environment
• Does not contain antibiotics or steroids and is preservative-free
• Available in a 3mL dropper bottle
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally-occurring substance produced by the body which is nonimmunogenic and can help support the natural wound healing process and help encourage cell migration.1 Modifying HA through cross-linking technology may provide additional wound healing support. Hyasent-S, as listed in the ingredients, is the term used for the thiolated cross-linked hyaluronic acid found in Remend®.
How does Remend® Corneal Repair Gel work?
The tissue scaffolding matrix that results from cross-linking HA creates an environment conducive to cell growth and migration during normal re-epithelialization.2 In one type of cross-linking, the HA is carboxymethylated and modified with thiol resulting in a biodegradable, biocompatible hydrogel. Cross-linked HA may help support the natural wound healing process by hydrating and lubricating the corneal surface.
When would Remend® Corneal Repair Gel be helpful?
Remend® Corneal Repair Gel aids in the management of superficial corneal ulcers in dogs and cats.
1. Chen WYJ, Abatangelo G. Functions of hyaluronan in wound repair. Wound Repair Regen. 1999;7(2):79–89.
2. Vanderhooft JL. (2009). Rheological Properties of Cross-Linked Hyaluronan-Gelatin Hydrogels for Tissue Engineering. Macromol Biosci. 9:20-28.
10ml lubricating drops (but with .4% hyaluronic acid) are also available.