Logo

drjeff1

Yellow Tinged Eye Discharge

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a 3 year old DDB with what I think are problems stemming from vaccinations.

In January of 2006, he had a 3 yr rabies shot. Then in April of 2006 he broke out with a severe skin infection. This was after we had him bathed and groomed at Petsmart. We figured it was from the shampoo they used for bathing. It took us over a year to get his skin back to normal. We used all the conventional treatments and drugs, and it seemed like he would never get over it. I finally stopped giving all the meds, and instead started giving him mega doses of fish oil and vitamin c. His skin finally cleared up, and his coat is shinier than it’s ever been. But then, he started with an eye discharge, really thick yellow gunk coming out of his eyes. Vet checked it, he had a couple of small spots on his eyes, like scarring. Put him on meds again, it cleared. That was about 2 months ago. It’s starting again. The yellow thick gunk coming from his eyes. It’s usually just in the mornings when he wakes up. I’ve started the eye ointment again, but I am really worried about what’s causing this. And I’m worried about it affecting his vision. He had all his shots as a puppy, and an annual booster (before we new better). Is there anything I can do for him naturally? We have no homeopathic vets in our area, so any information would be appreciated. Is there anything I can give him that might help to cleanse his system? We do feed a raw diet, no veggies, no commercial dog food, meat bones, and organs only. Could it be a food allergy? And another thing, in the last couple of days, he’s been limping, favoring his right front leg. But he does run around like a crazy man! LOL He’s very athletic, so he may have pulled a muscle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frankie

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Frankie] Is there anything I can do for him naturally? We have no homeopathic vets in our area, [/quote]

Homeopathic treatment can be [b]very[/b] effective even if the vet homeopath doesn’t get to physically see the patient (though digital photos and videos can be very useful).

All you need is a local vet who is willing to become a member of your health care team. S/he can act as the local eyes for your remote homeopath (who you can work with by phone and e-mail). They can do exams, run diagnostic tests when indicated etc. Just no suppressive treatments please.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!