Logo

drjeff1

will cat drip after PU surgery?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 12 yr old tabby just had PU surgery about 5 days ago, he does pee and poop but sometimes he goes into his litterbox and sits there with nothing happening but a few drips, is this to be expected after this surgery? I don’t want to take him back to the vet because I think the stress is bad for him, but I don’t want to ignore this if it is a problem! Help!

Anonymous

Hi there, I’m sorry I don’t have an answer to your question, but my 7 year old male cat had the PU surgery on 3/24 and he’s doing fine now. I took him back for a ‘re-check’ so they could see how he’s healing and the vet said everything looked fine but they wanted to do a urine sample and she could feel that my cats bladder was full and said they could keep him till night time and see if it fills up and do it then, I said No way because I didn’t want to leave him there. I asked if I could just get a sample myself and she said no, it has to be sterile and they take it with a NEEDLE??!!! I was NOT at all happy about that, but we made an appointment for early the next day, we took him in and when the vet assistant went to feel his bladder he peed all over, so they wanted us to make an appoint for monday, I did, then later canceled it thinking it was just not necessary to keep tormenting my poor baby. I even went online to ask a vet and paid 9 bucks to get an answer and this VERY sweet vet lady told me that I COULD take in his urnine sample in a little jar. So I’m thinking my vet was just looking for more money and that really makes me sad 🙁 we had already spent over 1800 in less than two months on him there. Sorry this is so long…I was hoping you could keep me posted on IF your vet at your cat’s ‘re-check’ wants to do a urine sample. Thank you so much!

Stacy

Anonymous

I just got home from my vet, he checked his bladder said it was not full. He put him on prednisone and extended his antibiotics. The prednisone as an anti-inflammatory. He said he may feel like he has to pee because of some inflammation so hopefully it helps. He is 12 yrs old and I just feel so bad for him! Good luck with your cat! I would try to do as much research as you can, and get knowledgeable about this surgery, then write down all the questions you have so you don’t forget any of them! Be persistant with your vet and make sure you are getting the right info or go to a different vet! Good luck and God Bless!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Surgical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!