Logo

drjeff1

Which is better: Feline Instincts or Feline Future?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I was just wondering what the functional difference is between “Feline Future, Instincts TC” supplement for raw food, and the “Feline Instincts, My Natural Cat.”

The only differences I see is that Feline Instincts uses purified bone meal, and Feline Futures, a proprietary calcium mixture; and that Feline Instincts also adds enzymes and probiotics.

That said, is one really much different than the other? Enough to change from one to the other? We’ve been using Feline Instincts, My Natural Cat for probably a good year or so.

FELINE INSTINCTS:
    Ingredients:
    1. Dried Egg Yolk
    2. Purified Bone Meal
    3. Gelatin
    4. Kelp (Organic)
    5. Psyllium Husks Powder
    6. Taurine
    7. Natural Vitamin E
    8. Complex B 50 Vitamin
    9. Adrenal Glands (New Zealand)
    10. Enzymes
    11. Probiotics
    12. Salmon oil Capsules
    [url]http://www.felineinstincts.com/order…derNow-idx.php[/url]

FELINE FUTURE:
    [url]http://www.felinefuture.com/cat_food/[/url]
    (This one’s in a .gif. I couldn’t copy the text.)

Thanks,
    Caat

Anonymous

In actual fact, Feline Instincts distributed Feline Future’s Instincts TC for a few years, and then pretty much copied the recipe and started making it themselves. Instincts TC is the original recipe, and was developed about 12 years ago by the Feline Future Cat Food Company. They have since improved the recipe, and have replaced the bonemeal with pharmaceutical grade calcium lactate. They have also improved the recipe in other ways. So either you get the original product, or the knock-off.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Anonymous

[quote=gayle]In actual fact, Feline Instincts distributed Feline Future’s Instincts TC for a few years, and then pretty much copied the recipe and started making it themselves. Instincts TC is the original recipe, and was developed about 12 years ago by the Feline Future Cat Food Company. They have since improved the recipe, and have replaced the bonemeal with pharmaceutical grade calcium lactate. They have also improved the recipe in other ways. So either you get the original product, or the knock-off.

I hope this clarifies the situation.[/quote]

Thanks Gayle.

I actually knew this situation, but I’m not sure I’d say you get the original recipe OR the knock-off. Feline Instincts, which sells the product “My Natural Cat,” uses in that, the original recipe and has added things like adrenal glands and pro-biotics.

Feline Future, which sells the Instincts TC, has updated the product periodically, through their testing, and doesn’t use bone meal anymore, like you said. So I think “My Natural Cat” would be considered both the original product *and* the knock-off, whereas Feline Future is the originator of the product itself, as well as the updated formula.

I’m told that the person who runs “Feline Instincts” actually *worked* for Feline Future at one point, and when there was a 3 week moratorium on importing the product from Canada, that’s when she opened her business here. I was rather disappointed when I heard that story, because I had been using “My Natural Cat” for some time.

I was just curious to get a vet’s opinion on the ingredients of the two products, ie: the differences in the calcium supplements and the addition of the adrenal glands, enzymes and probiotics.

Since we never heard back, we are now using “Feline Future’s Instincts TC.” Although she seemed very nice and helpful every time I spoke with the owner of Feline Instincts, I didn’t like the idea of supporting the company.

Best,
    Caat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!