Logo

drjeff1

where to buy alkaline water, and looking for low purine diet for dog with urate stones

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Diet and Nutrition Issues where to buy alkaline water, and looking for low purine diet for dog with urate stones

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just moved to Connecticut from Nevada where I could regularly get a fresh supply of alkaline water for my English bulldog from a pet store that had a water ionizer. My dog has already had 3 surgeries for urate stones, and I’ve been able to prevent stones since giving him the alkaline water. Is there anywhere in Newtown, CT who offers alkaline water?

Also, I don’t want to feed him Hill’s U/D prescription formula because I know the ingredients are inferior, but I can’t find an alternative low-purine diet for him. Any suggestions?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Wow! 3 surgeries in the past. So sorry to hear this, but great news that you have been able to avoid further surgery.

Congratulations on your choice to feed him a fresher diet. You’re luck up there because of a wonderful nearby holistically-oriented pet store. Perhaps you’ve been there already. The name is [url=http://www.yourhealthypetct.com/]Your Healthy Pet[/url] on Rt 25.

Regarding alkaline water, everyone I know that uses it buys it online so unfortunately I don’t have a local source.

Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thanks, Dr. Jeff. I have been to “Your Healthy Pet” — it’s a great store. Tom is who told me about you! Unfortunately he’s not familiar with a low purine diet for Benjamin (my bulldog). Do you have any suggestions? He gets the same kind of stones that Dalmatians get, and I’m surprised the Hill’s U/D is the only low purine dog food on the market. I’ve been told that alkaline water loses its positive effects after 48 hours, so I haven’t bought it online. I’m thinking I might have to buy an ionizer. They’re expensive, but I don’t know what else to do. I’ve been able to keep Benjamin’s ph at 7 using the water from the NV pet store’s ionizer. It was a great deal. I could get up to 5 gallons of water a day for only $25 every 6 months. I’m surprised none of the pet stores here have ionizers. People used the water for their dogs, cats, and themselves.

Have a terrific evening,
    Connie

Anonymous

I am new to Dr. Jeff’s practice so have a lot to learn, but hope you keep on the holistic path. In Chinese Medicine they avoid alkaline diets and water, because when this happens the body can produce more acid to compensate. This alkalizing also changes the microbial balance in the body. Better to get at the underlying causes. Perhaps Dr. Jeff can help with the underlying causes of the condition that requires you give your dog alkaline water. All the best!

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

I agree with Bearsmom. Improving Benjamin’s underlying imbalance that is predisposing him to stones is the most important factor in preventing the recurrence of stones.

Treating this way (energetically vs. addressing just one factor) will also help reduce his tendency to develop other, future problems.

Good luck Connie.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!