Logo

drjeff1

When to switch puppy to adult food

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,
    At what age do I start giving my American Staffordshire Terrier adult food. Kiyah is 4 1/2 months now and I want to make sure she is getting the right nutition. I have heard all different ages due to the difference in bone and muscle growth. Also, she is only eating 1/2 cup 3 times a day (about every 4-5 hours) of Sensible Choice Puppy dry food, is this right? When she eats it’s like she hasn’t ate in days, she doesn’t even chew her food! When does she go to 2 times a day and how much?
    Thank you!

Anonymous

hi,
    my puppy is 8 weeks old and the breeder suggested feeding him 2 cups each meal once in the morning and once at night. I read that you should wait until they are 12-14 months old to start them on adult food. BUt that is for a large breed so I’m not sure what your dog is.
    hope that helps.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Butafli593]Hi,
    At what age do I start giving my American Staffordshire Terrier adult food. [/quote]

I would upgrade to a higher quality (fresh food) diet right away. This can be fed to puppys or adults. Read this booklet (pdf) for much more info:
    [url]http://www.wysong.net/apologize.shtml[/url]

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!