Logo

drjeff1

What to feed male cats with cystitis?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear Dr. Jeff,

I have 2 beautiful Siamese cats. The male cat, Tsar, developed cystitisand was blocked. Since then, I have taken your advice and feed him Wellness canned turkey and chicken. I have done that all along but I was also giving them the companion dry food each day. Now I have stopped that. Although, he is doing good just now, I am worried that it will come back. What brands can I give him to best avoid this problem, and would it be a good idea to introduce some variety. They do not like the fish or seafood flavors, although they will eat a little cooke salmon, but not raw. Since I understand now that i must give them what they traditionally crave, what kind of raw food should they have and what if they don’t like raw chicken. I would like to ask you about the new Innova,Evo which is dry but made with raw ingredients: turkey,chicken, eggs,apples, carrots, tomatoes; which is 59%crude protein and no grains. Website is [url]www.naturapet.com[/url]. Could water be added to this? Or is there another food you recommend? Also, I have a vitamin product called Solid Gold Seameal mineral and vitamins. Should I not give this as a supplement because of the minerals? Do you recommend a supplement for cats?

Sometimes we like to go away for a weekend. This makes feedeing impossible except for dry food. Do you have any suggestionsfor this?

I am so grateful for your help and the new knowledge I’ve been given through your site. I wish I had known this. I believed I was doing the right thing by giving them Wellness from birth. I have not given any vaccinations or shots. Still I am worried that this condition will reappear. I am on the constant alert. I need to get the right feeding down, and I will help to educate others including my vets.

Sincerelt, Eve

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Please re-read Michelle Bernard’s excellent reply to this same question (which you posted) in this folder.

Personally I don’t think that cat’s should have food left out for them during the day. If you absolutely have to do this, then take a look at the Wysong Archetype food. It is pure freeze-dried meat. They even have a prescription version for cats with FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease).

Read [url]http://wysong.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WOTTPWS&Category_Code=RXDIET[/url] for more info about these.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!