Logo

drjeff1

What Is My Next Step For Treating My Dog With Heartworm Disease?

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Medical Problems What Is My Next Step For Treating My Dog With Heartworm Disease?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: Jake has had positive heartworm tests since I got him at age 1. Has been treated 3x once w/intravenous this year twice with injections to his back. Severe reaction to last injection caused large lump and subsequent surgeries to drain. As of 12/23 still testing positive. What is my next step? He is on monthly preventative started of course after he already had heartworm. My vet doesn’t seem to know what to do. Thank you. Nancy Kassick

Sex: Male Neutered

username: attmail!kassick

Pet: Canine

Breed: mixed shep/rottw

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

This is a great question. I would work on increasing your dogs clearance of the heartworms. Most of the adults should have died off by now, but something is preventing your dog from converting to negative.

Consider fresh food feeding, antioxidants and other supplements as indicated. I have also successfully treated heartworm positive dogs with homeopathy. You may also want to consult a veterinary cardiologist due to the chronicity of this “infection”. I will be happy to consult with your vet if you decide to approach this problem holistically.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!