Logo

drjeff1

What can I do to help my dog?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a 3 year old Blood Hound (Doc) that we got from a friend who was moving. Doc is a great dog very loving and always seems happy but he is always itchy. It’s almost like his whole body itches. I have treated him for fleas but no luck. Sometimes his eyes get all goopy and look like they are almost sinking back into his head but he still he acts no different. Yesterday I noticed that he itched a small portion of fur off his back. I think it is allergies but I want to make sure before I give him something for it.

Thank you
    Lori:confused:

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=gridlors] I think it is allergies but I want to make sure before I give him something for it.[/quote]

Yes, I agree that “allergies” are the most likely reason for the itch (though of course there are other possibilities such as other skin parasites aside from fleas).

My advice is to start working with a holistic vet to get him on a species-appropriate diet, possibly using fatty acids and other supplements if needed. In addition, proper homeopathic care can help eliminate any immune imbalance (which is what causes the allergic manifestations in the first place).

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!