Logo

drjeff1

Water Allergy?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog spends a few days a week at a house that has well water and the other days with city water. I have noticed after this has started that she has been getting hives on and off at different levels of severity.
    Is it possible she is allergic to the water, she is on the same food at both houses, I have washed the bedding (with and without detergent thinking that might be the issue).
    There are two other dogs at the house with the well water, could be be allergic to them?
    The hives don’t seem to bother her other than she likes her belly rubbed even more it seems that feels good. I have also baught over the counter spray that seems to help heal them faster. I am not sure what to do, she is already on sensitive skin and stomach food because she does have food allergies to Beef and/or chicken.

Any help you can provide is greatly appriciated.
    Thanks,
    Cari

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Dori1019]
    Is it possible she is allergic to the water,
    Cari[/quote]

It is possible, but unlikely. There certainly may be something in the other house to which she is reacting (different treats, household cleaners, wool rugs, etc.). My Calm N Soothe spray [url]https://www.homevet.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=96&osCsid=2fb0f0ef8a8479e9c6805d1988608bca[/url] and fatty acid supplementation can help. Ideally of course you would homeopathically treat the immune hypersensitivity that is causing the hives (no matter what the trigger).

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!