Logo

drjeff1

Vet visit @ 12 weeks old..

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My Siberian husky puppies have their first appointment next Saturday with the vet. Any reccommendation about what immunizations I should allow? They have already recieved first puppy shots by the breeder- at 7 1/2 weeks old. They recieved distemper, adenovirus 2, parainfluenza, parvovirus, leptopspira, and coronavirus. Plus they recieved a series of worming medication X4 (pyrantel pamoate).

We live in New England and we do take the pets with us to Canada, the islands and around the USA. They are always on leashes and are always with us. They sleep indoors. I know we must do the rabies shots, but what else would be essential for their protection?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Nan] Any reccommendation about what immunizations I should allow? [/quote]

It really depends on the true risk of overwhelming exposure. Remember, the best way to prevent any infection is a strong immune system. Over vaccination or vaccination at too early of an age can actually increase susceptibility to disease.

Many of my new puppy patients do not get any vaccinations except rabies as required by law. When vaccination is necessary, two vaccines, one at 10 weeks and one at 14-16 weeks is all that I give. Every situation and individual is different.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

They have a good diet on the Canidae food. I have read that Sibes should not be fed beef, minimal citrous. There are differences among breeds as to what is best for their unique systems. What other supplements would be appropriate for Siberian pups in order to “boost” their immunity? Thanks for your response in advance! 8)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!