Logo

drjeff1

Very Ill Senior Cat with Possible Lymphoma

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My very ill cat, Mr. D, has the following health problems (he is a neutered male, approx 14 or 15 yrs old). He is suffering from
    Weight Loss, Diahrea, Lethargy, A Bladder Laceration from a urine sample accident, long history of chronic bilateral nasal discharge- pseudomas, frequent thirst, hyperthyroidism, an elevated BUN level, nephrosclerosis, hyperchoic enlarged liver (once had hepatic lipodosis which is now apparent on the ultra sound but not so much on the blood panel)
    His meds are
    Prednisone 5 mg, every 12 hours
    Flagyl every 12 hours
    Zenegun once a day
    Zantac, one fourth a tab every 12 hours
    Tapezol, have a 5mg tab every other day
    Homeopathy- Ferrum Phos 6x twice a day, one hit of staph 30c,
    and Phos Ac 30 c once a day for three days- I have been told to call after seven days, but I am not sure he will make it that long without a more potent precise remedy for a possible lymphoma diagnosis or IBD.
    His ultra sound showed his liver as mildly enlarged and rounded. The parenchyma is slightly mottled adn teh gallbladder is partially filled with echogenic debris. The kidneys are asymmetical with the left kidney measuring 2.34×4.08 cm with a very thickened cortex and irregular margins as well as a moderately dialated pelvis and dialated proximal ureter. The right kidney measured 2.1×2.69cm and also had a very thickened cortex and mild pelvic dilation. The urinary bladder had a very thick wall ner the trigone up to .49cm and thre wa a complex echogenicity mass within teh bladder lumen, free floating, unattched ot the wall. There was a scant amount of ascires right at the proximal aspect of the bladder. The intestinal loops were mildly thickened but they had a prominent muscularis layer. The mesenteric lymph nodes were moderately to markedly enlarged up to 3cm in places.
    Any help at all, please dive in- time is running out rapidly. Thank you.
    SR

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=SR]
    Homeopathy- Ferrum Phos 6x twice a day, one hit of staph 30c,
    and Phos Ac 30 c once a day for three days-

more potent precise remedy for a possible lymphoma diagnosis or IBD.[/quote]

SR-

You may be treating your cat with homeopathic remedies, but you are not treating him homeopathically. Homeopathic medical treatment is directed at the [b]single underlying[/b] energetic imbalance that has caused the symptoms (diarrhea, vomiting, weight loss, kidney and nasal problems, etc.). The pathologic diagnosis is secondary (disease starts as a functional derangement and only eventually manifests structurally).

My approach to your very sick cat would involve a gradual reduction of medications including the multiple remedies. Have all three remedies been prescribed by your vet?

Also, talk to your vet about moderating the effects from the 30c remedies. Are you giving them diluted in water (medicinal solution)? Personally, following the tenets of pure Hahnemannian homeopathy, I would give a single dose of a well-chosen LM remedy, start weaning some of the drugs, and try to provide the best nutritional (and supplement) support.

I’m afraid that based on what I know about your cat (from what you’ve posted here, your fax, and our brief conversation) that no matter what is done it is only a matter of time before he succumbs to the “dis-ease”. The goal of therapy now is to support him in as gentle a fashion as possible (which is why I suggested talking to your vet about moderating the 30c doses).

I wish you the best of luck during this difficult time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!