Logo

drjeff1

vaccination questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

First let me say this is a wonderful website. My Husband and I have loved/trained/shown and spoiled dalmatians for 18 years. In the past few months I have come in contact with information about natural rearing, vaccinations, diet that make me really question the alopathic veterinary care society. We have fed (mostly) raw for 8 years, and have refused vaccinations to the older dogs after just a few years. All but rabies because it is required by law in the state of MD. We lost one dal at age 15, he was going blind, deaf and had a bad time getting around at the end. I suspect old age. We lost another at only 11 years old, she had cushings and then developed cancer just 2 years later. We have an 11 yr old male that has degenerative valve disease and is on medication for that and his grand daughter that has been classified as a grade 2 heart murmer (possibly inheritated?) She is 7 years old. She also has developed blocked tear duct, mostly in one eye, occasionally in the other. She is also scared of any noise at all, but otherwise is a loving, wonderful dog. We now have an 8 month old that has had the initial vaccines. We were told titers were the way to go, now am finding out they really don’t mean anything. Ok, I have typed a book here and I didn’t mean to do that. May questions are, with the 7 yr old, is it too late to turn her around with homeopathic care, and is it too late to get the young dog on the right track? My husband will go along with just about anything EXCEPT he refuses to go against the law were the rabies vaccine is concerned and he will not stop heart worm preventative. I am working on the heart worm issue, but I don’t really want to go against the law either.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[QUOTE=vickiee]is it too late to turn her around with homeopathic care,/QUOTE]

Definitely not!! Go to [url]http://www.theavh.org/referral/index.php[/url] for a referral.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Dr. Jeff,

I saw your reply, and I also got your reply to my email sent around the same time to you. I will be contacting you as you come very highly recommended and from what I understand there are only a very few who practice classic homeopathy.

thanks

Anonymous

My friend If you like your vet, no reason to change. Just update vaccines. Rabies is required and distemper is highly recommended. Bordetella is for kennel cough and should be given to any dog who is ever around other dogs.

———————
    [url=http://www.pharmacy-online.ca/drugs/fosamax.jsp]online fosamax[/url]

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=browneuan025837]My friend If you like your vet, no reason to change. Just update vaccines. Rabies is required and distemper is highly recommended. Bordetella is for kennel cough and should be given to any dog who is ever around other dogs.[/quote]

I agree with sticking with the vet who you like (assuming that s/he supports your holistic homeopathic management decisions).

I strongly disagree that is OK to routinely get these vaccinations (except rabies as required by law though that requirement may soon change as well). I respectfully suggest that you read the vaccine section of this website and other recent scientific findings to understand why.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!