Logo

drjeff1

Trying To Wean Dog Off Antibiotic Need

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog has had several health issues since summer which have mostly been treated with natural remedies, but seems to redevelop a mouth infection that requires Clindamycin every other month (roughly) After only a day on it, he snaps back to himself and stays his normal self for a few weeks- then starts acting like he feels punk again. His teeth were cleaned in August (and he was on Cephalexin for that) and while they look better, there are still some issues and he rarely lets me (or anyone) look in his mouth. When he doesn’t feel well, he doesn’t bark (he was never an excessive barker, but I know his normal cues) Simultaneously, he’s having some joint issues- he stretches out his front legs, then his back legs MANY times, has not wanted to walk as much as he used to and is having more trouble with stairs and has pretty much stopped jumping on things (sofa, bed) altogether. He’s only 8.

I have to say he eats like a champ!

I’m not sure if the mouth business and the joint issues are at all related but he does seem to want to walk more once he’s on antibiotic/when he comes off it for a few weeks. Aside from the antibiotic, he’s not taking any other conventional meds. He has been on Arnica, Rhus tox, Ledum and shark cartilage for the joint issues and hepar sulph for the mouth. Can use of homeopathy avert the need for more antibiotics?

I have to add that his person (me) was under serious stress in the period immediately preceding when all his troubles mushroomed.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post.

I agree that all of his issues are related. Yes, homeopathic treatment can address them all and decrease his reliance on antibiotics.

You can find a trained vet homeopath to add to his vet care team at [url=http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-academy-of-veterinary-homeopathy-directory/]this link[/url]. Some of our more detailed [url=http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog/ask-the-vet/]”Ask the Vet” replies[/url] to Dogs Naturally readers may also help.

Happy holidays!

Be well.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you.I hate seeing him miserable. I’m not sure what to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!