Logo

drjeff1

Thyroid

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tony Scott
    Keymaster

What is considered NORMAL for Thyroid. I had Gretchen’s thyroid tested and all tests came back normal but I am still not conviced it is normal. She has very thin hair on her belly and sides and depending how she is standing and what kind of light she is in you can see skin. She has also scratched her armpit raw and scratches her neck but not all the time. If it is not thyroid what else could it be?

Cathy

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Cathy]What is considered NORMAL for Thyroid.
    Cathy[/quote]

That is a very good question. To further complicate matters, thyroid levels fluctuate daily in their own circadian rhythm. In addition, certain breeds tend to have low (but “normal”) levels.

Full baseline bloodwork looking at cholesterol, blood count, t4, free t4 (done by equilibrium dialysis) and TSH levels are needed for proper evaluation.

Underfunctioning thyroids are frequently just one sign of a multi-faceted internal disequilibrium, so I would consult a holistic (and preferably homeopathic) vet for full evaluation.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!