Logo

drjeff1

Tessa- My Sweetie….Need some Direction

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Tessa is my sweet pitmix that was adopted from a local shelter by my husband and myself about 7 years ago. She is about 8 years old presently, eats a raw diet, loves playing fetch and being a big sister to her buddy Luke. She is smart as a whip and a wonderful pet.

I have just discovered an irregular mass on her chest which I believe has appeared suddenly, as I did not see it earlier when petting her belly. I also heard some dry hacking by her last evening and thought I noticed some shallow and rapid breathing the other night, but was unsure if it was particular to her, or if it was because the room was pretty warm.

Also about a month ago I noticed she had trouble jumping into the car after spending a few days at the kennel. Her back legs seemed sore or weak? Not sure. She seemed to do better after getting arnica for several days.

In March of 2015 she was dx with Lyme’s(unable to move) treated with antibiotics and then a few doses by a homeopath with Ledum, who said it was fine to get an overdue rabies shot. She had Lyme’s one other time, I believe 2012. (She came to us on 7 different med’s for mange and other skin problems that were eventually treated by a naturopath when we adopted her and I am concerned that her system is still not in balance based on what I now know and her recent bouts of Lyme and treatment)

I am thinking I need to take her to her traditional vet to have blood work done and to have the mass assessed ASAP. Should a biopsy be done also? She is not presently seeing a homeopath, but would like to treat homeopathically. As a long shot, I have been using my Boerke and see where Conium might be a good remedy for her, but I am not sure if it is, or how to proceed or what to do? Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks kindly, Eileen

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Eileen-

By all means have her mass investigated and get some baseline blood and urine testing done.

Personally, I’m not a fan of aspirating these masses. Rapid appearance and growth is certainly cause for concern unless this is an abscess (which your vet can determine).

Since this isn’t an acute problem (vs. progression of a chronic imbalance that showed up acutely) I am not in favor of your home treating. Especially if you can get on board with a vet homeopath soon.

BTW-Goopd work with finding Conium in Boericke’s. This might certainly be a similar remedy and has proven very useful clinically.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you Dr. Jeff. I did get this information, as well as had the opportunity to speak with Remi’s homeopath, prior to Tessa’s appt. It was so very appreciated, bc I believe I would have otherwise thought the right thing to do was aspirate. Not good…
    Tessa did have blood work and a chest x-ray. No mass but it did show a “pronounced bronchial pattern.” I will be sure to follow up with the vet homeopath. I know she will be helpful. Thanks again.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Excellent!

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

The vet does not want me to try conium….I guess I will find out why when I see her next weekend…

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

That’s right Eileen. Since you have a consultation with a vet homeopath coming up soon, it’s best not to administer this potentially deep-acting remedy. That’s actually a good general rule (not giving “chronic” home prescriptions when you are working with a vet homeopath).

It could alter symptoms making it harder for the vet to prescribe accurately.

Please let us know what transpires.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Holistic Options for Your Companion Animals & Homeopathy Online Study Group’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!