Logo

drjeff1

teething puppy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is it safe to give my 4 1/2 month old puppy a raw marrow bone that you can buy in the supermarkets?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[[email protected]]Is it safe to give my 4 1/2 month old puppy a raw marrow bone that you can buy in the supermarkets?[/quote]

Yes. I always recommend supervising pups when they are first introduced to bones however. Sometimes they get overexuberant about chewing on this new, wonderful food-toy and can choke on pieces which are too small.

I have many clients who even wean their pups onto raw food including bones! 🙂

Start reading some of the info available at my site, ask lots of questions and above all have fun with your new pup.

Anonymous

We have the teething issue at the moment too with our 8 week old puppy. I find giving him as many toys as possible to keep puppies mind off chewing house hold objects! Also the hard rubber toys are useful as a teething tool.
    I’m going to go for the bone idea too though, I think they’re good as a training tool – if you go up and get them to drop it and give it you back. It makes them share things more and not get nasty when another animal/child goes to take it off them 👿

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!