Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

Tear stains

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Dr Jeff:

Would homeopathy get rid of tear stains? My toy poodle has them. They did go away for awhile but are back again. One theory is that they are caused by a virus and some poodle owners use long term antibx, NOT an option for this raw fed, non vaxed pup.

Thanks,
    Anna

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=AnnaC]Would homeopathy get rid of tear stains?[/quote]

Hi Anna, sorry for the slow reply-

Congratulations on raising your dog naturally. IMHO it is the only way to go…

That being said, the goal in natural rearing is to optimize health and maximize length and quality of life. This can only be fully accomplished by recognizing and [b]homeopathically treating[/b] early signs of internal imbalance.

Excess tearing in dogs is one of those common but abnormal symptoms that tell the homeopath that the internal energetic equilibrium may be “out of whack”. Take a look at [url]https://www.homevet.com/common.html[/url] for more info about that topic.

Of course there may also be a physical cause like distichiasis (an eyelash rubbing on the eye) or atretic (closed) tear ducts which may need to be dealt with physically.

So what is the bottom line?? As the eye tearing is a sign of chronic (often inherited) dis-ease (especially in this breed), I would advise starting to work with an experienced vet homeopath. S/he will help establish optimal internal homeostasis and once that is achieved, the excess tearing should resolve.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thanks for this info!! And here I was so in hopes of having the perfect
    pup. I will definitely employ a homeopath ASAP.

Thanks again,
    Anna

Anonymous

[b]Of course there may also be a physical cause like distichiasis (an eyelash rubbing on the eye) or atretic (closed) tear ducts which may need to be dealt with physically.[/b]

Dr Jeff, because I will be working long distance with the homeopath, would it be best to have a local vet check him for these two problems? Would my groomer be able to tell me if either of these exist? And if it is closed tear ducts what would be done? I’m presuming surgery which I would have a strong hesitation to do unless his general health would be seriously affected. Thanks again,
    Anna

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=AnnaC]would it be best to have a local vet check him [/quote]

A physical exam is very helpful if you are going to work with someone long distance (a method which works very well IMHO). The best option would be an exam by an ophthalmologist, but many general practitioner vets can also do a thorough eye evaluation.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

[b]A physical exam is very helpful if you are going to work with someone long distance[/b]

OK, I’ll do that. I’ve finished researching homeopaths and will be sending off the paper work to you as soon as the exam is done.

In your experience is this problem deep or more of a top layer? I’ve seen people start homeopathic care for their pets and at some point skin problems develop, sometimes really bad. I understand the skin is a vent for dis-ease but don’t care to bring deep issues up on this pup. I will not be breeding him and if the only problem he has are the stains I’d rather leave sleeping dogs lie, if you’ll pardon the expression. This is presuming it’s not a physical problem with the eyes. And I’ve already decided surgery is not an option if that would be recommended.

Thanks,
    Anna

Anonymous

He does indeed have blocked tear ducts. So surgery is the only option, right? Will this compromise his general health if I don’t do the surgery. Should I start homeopathy care for the possible infection that goes along with this? He has a few things on your symptom list but nothing major.

Thanks Dr. Jeff,
    Anna

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!