Logo

drjeff1

Synovi sarcoma

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have an 8 year old OES male with synovi sarcoma. Beau underwent surgery 1.5 years ago followed by 21 radiation treatments, neither were helpful. He is currently on 100mgs of Dermaxx daily. He eats and sleeps well although he has a terrible limp. It is becoming more difficult for him to stand up when he has been laying down. I am concerned about the effects of the Dermaxx on his liver; is there anything that he could take to boost his liver? I also worry about pain, Beau is very stoic so it’s hard to know how much pain he is in. Any advice would be welcome.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=bestdogsx4]. I am concerned about the effects of the Dermaxx on his liver; is there anything that he could take to boost his liver? I also worry about pain, [/quote]

This is a very difficult situation, and I can empathize as I am going through a similiar situation (cancer, arthritic pain and quality of life) with my 14 yo SP. Take a look at [url]https://www.homevet.com/petcare/documents/quality.pdf[/url].

What does Beau’s latest bloodwork show? Have you treated him with Homeopathy, acupuncture or chiropractic?

At this point in his life I would make sure that you are feeding Beau the best quality (preferably organic), [b]fresh food-meat-based[/b], diet possible. His body needs all of the best raw materials possible to enable it to heal optimally. No commercial, processed food can provide this. Fresh food diet will also improve his quality and zest for life.

In my practice I would also use omega-3 fatty acids (fish oils), Antiox-100, Nu-Pet wafers, Thistlerex (a milk thistle-based complex for his liver) maitake extract, and bovine tracheal cartilage in situations like this. Look at https://www.homevet.com/cgi-bin/perlshop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=ENTER&thispage=page1.html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID! and feel free to e-mail me privately if you need more info on doses.

Please keep us up to date on Beau’s progress by posting periodically in this thread.

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Dr. Jeff,

I just wanted to update you on Beau. Sadly we lost him on Feb. 6, there was nothing else we could do for him. He was unable to stand on his own Sunday so we took in him Monday morning and released him from his pain. Thanks so much for your advice, in addition to the Deramaxx we gave him fish oil, milk thistle and CAS Options daily. The “happy” part of this story is that Beau lived for just over two years after diagnosis, I consider that a gift as the life expectancy is only 3-6 months.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=bestdogsx4]Sadly we lost him on Feb. 6,[/quote]

I’m so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful though that he lived so much longer than the expectations.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!