Logo

drjeff1

suggestion for treating elevated liver enzymes in pup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 2 1/2 year old Maltese dog has elevated liver enzymes. It was up to 800 when it’s supposed to be around 100. She was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it went down to about 200. I’d like to help her get it down to normal without additional antibiotics. Any suggestions (food, supplements, homeopathy, etc.) for helping to boost her immune system? Thanks

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=miriam] Any suggestions (food, supplements, homeopathy, etc.) for helping to boost her immune system? Thanks[/quote]

There’s lots that you can do to help her liver recover. It sounds like she may have had an acute toxic exposure from which she is improving.

Aside from Thistlerex (which is the combination herbal product which I use to support liver function) it is hard to make specific treatment suggestions without knowing more specifics. In general, make sure that you are feeding an organic, meat-based diet, avoiding environmental toxins and providing plenty of fresh (distilled, bottled, etc.) water.

The correct homeopathic remedy will definitely help her tremendously. However, it can only be chosen based on her other symptoms (not just liver enzyme elevation).

Good luck and please let us know how she is doing.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Other Complementary Therapies’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!