Logo

drjeff1

Spayed Incision not healing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I asked this question earlier today but for some reason it didn’t post so I’ll try again.
    We had our Basset puppy spayed about three weeks ago and for the first couple of weeks her incision was healing nicely. About four days ago the incision became inflammed and there are several pea sized red lumps on the incision area. I talked to our vet today and he says she has probably had a reaction to the disolving stitches and will have to have them removed and staple stiches put in as well as going on antibiotics. Is there not something less invasive that can be done? Perhaps there is something topical I can use on the incision. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks. Lesley

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=mcclure]Do you have any suggestions?[/quote]

I hate to sound like a broken record and give you the same advice as I just gave Tarja, but… Aggressive hot compressing will stimulate blood flow to the area and promote healing.

Homeopathic remedies will stimulate the body to deal with this delayed effect from the sutures (assuming that’s what this is) appropriately.

Topical Aloe vera massaged into any red, inflamed areas will help as well.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Surgical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!