Logo

drjeff1

Sorry for the mental picture but poop eating

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just caught my 7 year old dog going for a turd.

I am horrified but have read up on it and will make whatever adjustments I can.

She just started this and I want to stop it yesterday if not sooner.

Is there something you recommend I put in her food that will stop this?

I also intend to use a leash even though we have a fenced in yard and also to pick it up immediately. I never did let it around too long.

I wonder why she’d start this at 7???

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=lisalj3]

Is there something you recommend I put in her food that will stop this?

I wonder why she’d start this at 7???
    [/quote]

Good questions! First of all, it’s important to realize that coprophagia (stool eating) is just a sign of internal imbalance. It can signal many things. It may just be that you are feeding an improper diet (what do you feed?). At this age however it could also be an early clue of a more serious metabolic, physiologic problem (liver, kidneys, etc.).

Regardless, there is an underlying energetic disturbance which needs to be dealt with by a veterinary homeopath. I would start by having a baseline work up (stool exam, bloodwork, urinalysis) and then consulting an experienced gveterinary homeopath for further help. You can find a referral at [url]http://www.theavh.org/referral/index.php[/url].

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

BTW-For quick-fix temporary resolution of stool eating you can mix some Adolf’s Meat Tenderizer in with the food. If that doesn’t work tried canned spinach.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!