Logo

drjeff1

Skin Tags

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 9 year old lab has developed skin tags on her beautiful face, eyes and legs. I s this common among the breed? I have scheduled removal at the vet’s office but I wonder if they will come back after surgery as I do not want to keep stressing out my lab with surgery after surgery. Is there any treatment or ointment that can be used (preferably something natural) which will remove these tags? Thank you. 😥

Anonymous

While I don’t know if “skin tags” are normal for any particular breed, I do know that having them removed and putting your pet through necessary surgery is harmful to her.

“Skin tags” in dogs and cats, like in humans are nothing more than your body telling you there is an imbalance. If left alone, they can possibly fall off by themselves. We have many patients here at HomeVet where this has happened. In the same light, some never fall off, but certainly don’t hurt these valued members of our family.

In my opinion, surgery only serves to satisfy a cosmetic value, not the health value of her life. So many times the simplest of surgical procedures can result is catastrophic consequences.

Check with a Certified Veterinary Homeopath to schedule a full workup for your pet to determine the best course of action. In balancing the body, your pet will live a healthier and longer life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!