Logo

drjeff1

Should I get the Lyme Vaccination for my dog?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have an almost 2 year old BErnerse Mountain DOg. We lost our first BErner at 7 to cancer (common to the breed). This time around, I’m being a little more cautious about vaccinations. Last year, my vet persuaded me to get the Lyme vax…and now he’s due again. I really don;t want to vaccinate him for LYme as I am very on top of removing ticks from him (he only gets one or two/week) and I think too many vaccinations can compromise his immune system. Thoughts? Do you think this vaccination is a necessity? I live in the northeast on the coast. Which is the worse of the 2 evils?…Front LIne (which if you ever read the directions, you need to be wrapped in nuclear armor just to apply to your dog) or the vaccination? Thank you for your input.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=banables] I think too many vaccinations can compromise his immune system.
    Which is the worse of the 2 evils?…[/quote]

What a great question! I’m glad you asked.

My opinion is that [b]by far[/b] the best way to prevent Lyme disease (or any infectious disease for that matter) is to foster a strong immune system. All of the vaccinations, antibiotics, antivirals, etc. in the world are not going to work without a functional immune system.

That being said, it is also clear that vaccination often compromises the immune system and predisposes to many diseases (so-called immune-mediated diseases).

My practice is dedicated to building natural immunity and thereby reducing the risk of infections and chronic diseases. I do not give Lyme vaccinations even though I practice in the heart of Lyme country (in fact quite close to Lyme, CT itself!).

The incidence of acute infection (Lyme or otherwise) in my patients who have been holistically and homeopathically reared is very, very low. I see many more “chronic Lyme” disease cases. These patients invariably have been vaccinated for Lyme and treated with antibiotics (with homeopathic treatment you don’t need antibiotics for eliminating acute Lyme as I demonstrated myself six years ago when cured of Lyme in 72 hours without antibiotics or persistent symptoms).

Anyway, I could ramble on and on about Lyme treatment but I think you get the point. As far as Frontline or other carcinogenic anti-tick chemicals are concerned I recommend reading [url]https://www.homevet.com/petcare/documents/fleachemfin.pdf[/url]

The best tick remedy is daily tick-checks and removal using the Trix Tick remover [url]https://homevet.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=1&osCsid=ab63f291a16ed4125cb98ac86ff47238[/url] I also use Detox powder, Vetline Yeast and Liver and Neem Protect spray as all-natural alternatives to tick and flea chemicals.

Good luck.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!