Logo

drjeff1

Senior Dog and Vaccinations

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just learned about titer tests this morning and then visited your site to see what I could find out. Now I’m not really sure what would be the best course of action. My basset hound is 10-11 years old and is due for her vaccinations this month. Should I have a titer test done to see which vaccinations she actually needs? Or is that not worth it? The needed vaccines listed on her card are DA2P, which is Distemper, Adenovirus (what is this?), Parainfluenza, and Parvo, right? Are any or all of those not always necessary? I’m sorry if I’m asking stupid questions, but I’ve only recently started learning that overvaccination is a problem, so I’m trying to make the best decision for my dog. If you can break this down for me in laymen’s terms at all, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=jebel321]overvaccination is a problem, so I’m trying to make the best decision for my dog. [/quote]

It is my pleasure to help you make an informed choice! That’s what this site is all about.

It’s very simple. Your dog is better protected against potential infectious diseases [b]without[/b] further vaccination.

You can check an antibody titer if you need to feel more comfortable with the decision, but frankly a titer only tells part of the (immunocompetence) story. Many of us who are very comfortable with the NO vaccinatiion decision don’t even bother to run them anymore. The only exception would be in a kenneling situation where a poorly educated kennel manager still required proof of vaccination.

Here’s the rationale behind my answer. From a conventional perspective it is known that revaccination for diseases against which there is already optimal immune readiness will WEAKEN the potential immune response.

From a homeopathic perspective we know that every vaccination is a stress to the system. In some cases this stress can be overwhelming and result in catastrophic illness, e.g anaphylactic shock and death, DIC (disseminated intravscular coagulation) or other immune-related diseases, seizures, autism/ADD in children, etc.

In most cases though, the adverse affect is not externally evident. As implied above, all unnecessary and annually repeated vaccinations will harm the immune system and predispose to problems in the future.

Homeopathic treatment optimizes the immune response to all pathogens and greatly reduces (and can eliminate) susceptibility to opportunistic (secondary) “infections”. The result is fewer ear and skin problems, less “Lyme Disease” etc.

You should also read [url]http://www.naturalrearing.com/J_In_Learning/Immunization/vaccinations/VACCINATIONSPart4.htm[/url] for words of wisdom from Dr. Dodds (a noted immunologist).

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!