Logo

drjeff1

selecting a pet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

I think that the first issue that we should discuss here is whether you should get a pet at all and if soo whether that should be a dog, cat, pocket pet (hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, etc.), fish, etc. There are lots of factors involved in that decision including who is in your household, activity level, how much time you can devote to your new friend, etc., etc.

After that decision is made then you can think about whether you want a specific breed of dog or cat (or other) or whether you should adopt a homeless pet from a shelter.

This article may help as well:[url]https://www.homevet.com/petcare/select.html[/url]

There are *many* related issues so let’s get started.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

If more people would spend some time really looking into what kind of a pet their family should have there would be less animals in the pounds or let loose in farm country to die. Our first Lab..I did not want a black dog. was a throw away puppy. Running with 2 others. She has been our best friend. Now that she is 13 or so, and having problems that we can no longer correct, we got a Chocolate Lab puppy. Because we know that our chances on having a wonderful companion are good with this breed. We had a loving Saluki , hard to train.. Daushund..what a temper. and a scared little Yorky. I hope to always have a dog in my life. I also have to many tropical fish. So I guess I love my pets. 😀

Anonymous

It would still best to have dogs because for me man’s bestfriend will always be the doggies! Though there are dogs that playful and naughty, still they could have dog accessories like what I have found on this site http://www.hotdogcollars.com/.

I strongly believe that in choosing the right pet, you must follow what your heart’s desire.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post. Although you are advertising dog collars, you bring up a good point. There do seem to be dog people and cat people. My belief however is that these people have just not me the right cat (or dog).

I will personally always have both dogs and cats (and outside birds, squirrels, chipmunks, etc.). In fact, we just adopted a new kitty a few days ago and we are working with Poodle rescue.

Anonymous

That’s really amaze me. You remind me of my friend bless. She is also fun of rescuing cats. When she found impoverished cats at the street, she eventually bring it home and adopt the cat. Well, anyway thanks for considering my point of view.

Anonymous

I’ve raised five dogs in all and in my opinion, we never considered adopting cats because my sons have asthma. Well they really are into cats but I think aside from my sons’ health, cats require more maintenance.

Anonymous

Yes selecting a pet not an easy task now days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!