Logo

drjeff1

regarding Roscoe

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi again,
    my name is Lynne Mccullough and I had sent an e-mail to you earlier today regarding Roscoe (black, male, short hair, 7 year old) but i did not see the e-mail anywhere so I was afraid you didn’t get it for some reason so I am going to resend it. I will try to be as brief as possible. My cat seems to have an itching problem. He initially had a big bald spot on his side and then I noticed he started to have bald spots all over his body. I have seen him scratch on an off and sometimes his skin or fur will start twitching around the back or spine area near his tail and he will run wildly into another room. At first I thought he was playing but I think his skin is bothering him or something is bothering him. I thought he might have fleas so I gave him some frontline but that did not seem to help. I also combed him and looked for fleas but could not find any. He is black so I thought maybe i just didn’t see them. then I thought maybe he is allergic to the food or something he ate. he is only supposed to eat the urinary tract SO because he has a urinary blockage problem and almost died from that. he has been on the dried food for a while and has not had a problem until about 1 and half months ago when he started having this skin problem. I was going to bring him to my vet but was trying to avoid this because I want to treat him homeopathically if that is possible. but i will bring him into my vet if you think I need to do this. I was not sure if he needs to be seen or if I should call and set up a consultation with you which i had done in the past with another cat. Can you let me know if you have any suggestions for what to do at this point. I thought he may have gotten into my other cat’s food who is on thryroid medication and i only give her canned cat food but i buy the best kind I can find I have been buying the Blue canned cat food or I give her fresh meat which she loves. But Roscoe had gotten into her food on occasion even thougth i am very carefull (not the fresh meat just the canned). i wondered if he may have had an allergic reaction to the food but this has been going on for a while now. Please e-mail me back regarding this and sorry if this is a repeat. e-mail address [email protected]
    Lynne McCullough

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Lynne. Yes, I agree. His skin *is* bothering him. What I mean is that he is probably feeling a sporadic itching or pain coming from his skin. Almost like something is crawling on him (like phantom phleas).

What are you feeding? How long has this been going on? Any other issues aside from his urinary problems?

In general, my experience with homeopathic treatment of allergies and feline hyperesthesia syndrome (which this may be) is quite good. However, homeopathic treatment depends on the totality of the symptoms, e.g all of his past history as well as lots of details that you can not supply spontaneously.

Have a great evening.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!