Logo

drjeff1

Recurrent abscess/erythema in neck-help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

My now 14 month old mixed, intact male had/has an abscess on his neck that suddenly appeared two weeks ago. I brought him to a conventional vet who diagnosed him with an abscess and gave him a shot of Amoxicillan and prednisone. He also gave me prescriptions for both of these meds with a prednisone taper. Anyway, he has been on the meds for just about two weeks and the swelling had disappeared along with the abscess (I could no longer feel it). This morning, same thing, suddenly the abscess and swelling reappeared.

The first time this happened he had a fever, was lethargic and wouldn’t eat, but he was drinking and peeing quite frequently (about 30-1 hour). This time he is still eating and acting okay, but he is back to peeing constantly.

Is there a homeopathic way to cure this? I have no idea where this came from or why it reappeared.

Help…

Carol

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=C. Clifford]he is back to peeing constantly.

Is there a homeopathic way to cure this? I have no idea where this came from or why it reappeared.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a urinary tract inflammation. Aside from the frequency, is there any urgency, pain on urination or straining to urinate? Was his urine ever analyzed for white cells, bacteria, etc.?

The homeopathic way to address these symptoms is to figure out what is going on internally (energetically) *[i]overall[/i]* (not just whether the urine tests positive for “infection”). There are many homeopathic remedies that can resolve this problem once and for all as well as prevent future recurrence. These need to be strictly individualized (usually by a vet homeopath) using the totality of the case.

In general, for holistic (not homeopathic) support you need to increase fluids (including discontinuing any dry food), add vitamiin C and cranberry extract as well as some general immune support, e.g. Super Immunotone.

Antibiotics and/or steroids might help the immediate symptoms, but will not address the underlying dynamic disease.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Dr. Jeff,

He has an appointment tomorrow with a traditional vet for a urinalysis, blood tests and basic physical. I am hoping by getting all of these things done for him I will be able to get a better understanding of what is going on with him. He has a somewhat complicated past so once I figure out what is going on I plan to have him treated homeopathically.

He was feed some of the food that was recalled and I am hoping against hope that this is not indication of kidney failure.

Thank you for your response.

Carol

Anonymous

I got back his blood work and everything was normal except…

BUN was high at 0.4 the range being 0.1-0.3

Platelet count low at 55 range being 170-400. Notes that there is “platelet clumping”

The vet says the test results are normal…

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=C. Clifford]
    The vet says the test results are normal…[/quote]

Great (but don’t forget that functional symptoms begin before biochemical abnormalities become evident).!

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!