Logo

drjeff1

Rabies Vaccination puppy protection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Dr Jeff,

I have a 13 week old Labrador, she recieved her first vaccine at 7 weeks where the breeder allowed the vet to give her Distemper, Parvo, Lyme, and Lepto…… I am a Vet Tech by profession and I was shocked to see the Lyme and Lepto and MAD!! But beyond that I have her on a completely raw diet with rotated protein sources, raw meaty bones, organ meat,tripe, fresh organic fruit and vegetables (pureed), Coconut oil, rotated salmon oil (every 3-4 days), dried kelp,Fresh Non-pasteurized honey, Kefir and ACV. I am currently taking Herbalism and homeopath courses so am learning which herbs are best to use and when but am just starting down this path, my question is this… I live in Ontario and we are required to have Rabies vaccines done, I will be waiting until she is closer to 6 months but I was hoping you might be able to tell me if there is anything more I can do to help keep her immune system supported before, during and,directly after she has the Rabies vaccine. I currently only have an Allopathic vet as I haven’t been able to find a vet who treats homeopathically in my area. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jade

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for your question Jade. How fantastic that you are raising your girl as close to nature as possible!

As you pointed out, the early age vaccinations as well as the rabies vaccine can compromise her immune function.

You are already doing almost everything that you can to help her remain in a strong energetic equilibrium. Keeping her “balanced” in this way means a few things. Firstly, she’ll be less prone to problems as she ages. Secondly, a strong homeostasis helps reduce potentially harmful reactions to any “stress”.

I don’t necessarily mean emotional stress. By stress I mean rather any stressor to her body (such as a trauma, bacteria, drug, vaccine, etc.). The stronger her energetic balance and equilibrium, the less that she will react. I love the spinning top analogy. This concept is like a top that is spinning rapidly and thereby is difficult to knock over. Once the top’s spinning slows (or her body weakens) it becomes much easier to knock over.

Homeopathy treats this balance directly by addressing signs of disharmony. Even though you don’t have a local homeopath, you can still work with one of us remotely by phone, Skype etc as long as you have a local vet who is OK with your doing so. We will then become part of your health care team to help keep your new pup as healthy as possible and treat any problems that arise. This includes any ill effects from vaccination.

Have a great evening and continue to love and support your new family member.

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Also, take a look at this post about [url=https://www.homevet.com/pet-chat/vaccination-issues/protecting-a-puppy-without-vaccines]protecting puppies[/url] with minimal (or without) vaccination.

There also are useful resources in my [url=https://www.homevet.com/pet-care-library/itemlist/category/66-vaccination-decisions]vaccine decisions[/url] library.

Be well.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Vaccination Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!