Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

Questions re: Nosodes used as Preventative

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear Dr. Feinman,

1) Can a monthly Lyme Nosode cause a positive SNAP test?

2) Do you recommend use of SNAP tests or other Lyme test?

3) What is your opinion of an initial IDEXX C6 test level of 129?

I have 2 dogs that have tested positive for Lyme with no symptoms associated with the dx.

1st dog, had two faint blue positives before a darker blue positive and a C6 test of 129. I gave that dog Doxycycline (don’t have the dose handy) for only 2 1/2 weeks. Also gave a small amt of Colloidal Silver daily. A follow up C6 test was done 6 mos. later. That reading was a 10! Deemed treatment as successful

2nd dog tested blue positive on SNAP test in late Nov.. Never got initial C6 done. Gave dog Doxycycline for the full 4 weeks. March dog shows occasional on and off favoring of front leg.

4) Should I get a C6 test done OR do your recommend perhaps Cornell U. lab receiving blood sample to test?

Thank you for your attention to my questions.

FYI – I give monthly Heartworm and Lyme Nosodes (not at same time, 2wks apart). Years ago, dog with most recent Lyme diagnosis & occasion limp was treated for Heartworm successfully with Nosode & herbs.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=tworeds]Dear Dr. Feinman,

1) Can a monthly Lyme Nosode cause a positive SNAP test?

2) Do you recommend use of SNAP tests or other Lyme test?

3) What is your opinion of an initial IDEXX C6 test level of 129?

4) Should I get a C6 test done OR do your recommend perhaps Cornell U. lab receiving blood sample to test?[/quote]

1-No.

2-Sometimes, tho not usually (as they are [i]usually[/i] very misleading)

3-They call it positive and requires treatment. I say that it just shows exposure and antibody development and is no indication of disease.

4-Cornell testing is probably the most accurate test of it’s kind FWIW.

Also, I do not use heartworm or Lyme (or other nosodes) and rather rely on proper constitutional care for prevention of all dis-eases.

Dr. Jeff

BTW-There is a huge amount of Lyme info on this site if you look around and/or search/Google.

Anonymous

Dear Dr. Jeff,
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT & INFORMATIVE RESPONSE!

You stated that you do not use nosodes but do use proper constitutional care for prevention of dis-ease.

Other than the monthly nosodes (which I am now contemplating stopping) I also use what I consider proper constitutional care for prevention. This is what I do:

– feed raw food diets
    – supplement with daily salmon oil, Vit B complex, probiotics, Glucosamine; occasional Vit C, Vit E, Selenium.
    – its been years since the dogs were vaccinated or received monthly oral/spot on flea, tick, heartworm traditional prevention meds.
    – I spray dogs with Quantum 100% Conditioning Spray for flea & tick prevention before walks
    – we get 2 daily walks/runs outdoors; fresh air; sunshine
    – I check the dogs over as best I can but they are very furry Chow & Eurasier dogs.
    – I test the dogs for HW & Lyme 2 times a year.

QUESTION: WHAT ELSE COULD/SHOULD I BE DOING?

I’ll keep searching these files to learn more. THANK YOU, AGAIN.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!