Logo

drjeff1

Question about a drug

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is tramodol ok to give my dog who is 13 years old. She’s suffered a seizure and is not walking….very weak. A mass in her spleen was also found.

I’m working with her to try and get her up and she took some steps yesterday. Also, she is not interested in her dog food….but she must eat..any ideas?

Thanks

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=”djanna”]Is tramodol ok to give my dog who is 13 years old.

I am not familiar with this specific drug/supplement. Do you mean Traumeel? Is it a Heel product? If this is a homeopathic combination remedy I strongly urge you not to use it as they can aggravate the underlying problem.

Regarding supporting your dog at this difficult time I agree that eating is the most important thing. I would try small, frequent hand feeding of anything at this point. Fresh food, meats, canned foods, some cooked human foods, nuts, eggs, and canned cat food seem to be the most palatable.

There are also supplements that could help in this situation. Specifically DVM maitake D-Fraction helps both with appetite stimulation and cancer and the Rx Vitamins Amino B Plex is a great appetite booster. E-mail (or call) me privately for more info.

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=djanna]Is tramodol ok to give my dog [/quote]

I have done further research and found that this drug (used for chronic pain in people and not yet approved for use in dogs) is indeed very safe and effective. I applaud your vet for staying on the cutting edge.

I hope your dog is doing OK. Do you have a vet homeopath (we can help A LOT in this type of situation)?

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!