Logo

drjeff1

Puppy with a skin lump

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: Puppy has a lump under whiskers on left lip. There is a little white spot on the inside of his lip. Could this be ingrown whiskers as the whiskers are not out on that side, but just seem to be stubs. Is there anything I should watch for or do?

I am switching to the natural rearing routine and lurk on the well-pet mailing list. So I would prefer natural treatment if possible.

Thank you so much.

Marsha Gray

Sex: Male

username: [email protected]

Pet: Canine

Breed: Australian Terrier

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

This certainly can be an ingrown hair or whisker. Is it inflamed, or does it seem to bother him at all? I would massage the area and apply warm compresses to try and relieve any pressure within the hair follicles. This will allow any discharge (caused by the inflammation of the skin) if it is present to come out of the tissues, and help break up any other foreign body that may be in there. If the “lump” opens and drains, plain hydrogen peroxide can be used to naturally disinfect the area. Let me know if there is any response to the heat and massage.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!