Logo

drjeff1

puppy that bites

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: the problem is she likes to bite alot.
    not everyone, but she does bite me.
    i am also the one that feeds her and takes her outside. my father also does and she is not that aggresive with him.
    i know about the packing order but what can i do now to stop that. she is also very hyper most of the time. how can i control that?

Sex: Female

username: [email protected]

Pet: Canine

Breed: rottweiler

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

At this age, realize that teething and playing is a big part of the biting. It is also critical as you mentioned to establish proper pack order now so as to not have a problem as she gets older. Don’t engage her in any tug-of-war or rough and tumble games. You are not one of her playmates. You are a person, and she needs to consider all people as dominant. If she starts biting, gruffly tell her NO (*don’t use her name when telling her no) and redirect the biting to an appropriate object. If she doesn’t respond, then grab the scruff of her neck when you say no, and give her a gentle shake. This should convey your message. There is also a lot of relevant information in my new puppy handouts (especially socializing), so I would read those.

Have fun with your new pup.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Gread advice Dr. Jeff. I also encountered a couple of dogs that inappropriately chew and we always end up running in circles so I could get the object from her mouth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!