Logo

drjeff1

Puppy randomly walking funny

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a dalmatian puppy, he is going on 5 months old. a few weeks ago however he started acting funny at random times. We would wake up, and go outside to pittle and he would start draging a hind foot, then withing a minute he was unable to really control his legs and it would be to the point that he would end up in the sit position to urinate or poo as well, then i would pick him up and take him in the house, after a minute or two he would start to walk just dragging the hind toes, and within 5 minutes he was normal again. It was sparce at first, but now it is happenning more often, its happened 3 times this past week, i get really nervous and scared, but by the time anyone sees him, he is acting normal again, does anyone know what this is, or have they seen it before? Please Help, i have a vet appt Tuesday for him, but they have no clue what it is, also when he is doing it his tail curls downwards and his back also curls. Please anyone help.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=tuffyschance03]Please anyone help.[/quote]

This is a very interesting symptom which may indicate episodic neurologic events (perhaps mini petite mals?). I would consult a veterinary neurologist if you want further diagnostic testing (or perhaps a simple exam and professional opinion is all that you will need).

Therapeutically, start to work with a veterinary homeopath to prevent any progression of dis-ease and to hopefully resolve these odd events.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!