Logo

drjeff1

Post Op

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Pickles is 2.5 years old and was brought into the vet yesterday for a suspected bowel obstruction. They did end up doing surgery but there was no obstruction. The bowels were very red and inflamed with petical hemorrhages. They also found some clear fluid in his abdomen. He was given an antibiotic and pain meds to continue at home. He was also given a shot of steroids while still at the vets. A biopsy was taken to be sent out for histology. We have no idea what is causing this. The fluid in the abdomen had a protein level of 6.1.

I now have him home and he’s been here for a few hours. He is about 24 hours post op and is just laying there. Not moving around at all, not drinking or eating anything. What should I be expecting and when should I worry or take action if he doesn’t eat or drink?

As for his blood work. All is in normal ranges except his ALKP is 13. and his GLU is 195. His NEU is 15.74 and his WBC is 18.62 so it’s just under the high range. He has been tested prior for Feline Leukemia and vaccinated for it. He is 10 lbs and has not lost weight so far. He is an indoor cat with 4 others. All have been healthy thus far.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Surgical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!