Logo

drjeff1

Post Eye Surgery

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog had his eye surgery is well on the way to becoming his old “normal” self. I am having trouble looking at the surgical site because it makes me very queasy. It looks like the stitch area is blue, or black. Does it need to be compressed, or cleaned or just left alone?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hi Amy-

I’m glad that Boris is doing well.

[quote=Amy]Does it need to be compressed, or cleaned or just left alone?[/quote]

Hot compresses are always a great way to promote healing (by stimulating blood flow to the area).

Take a wash cloth or small towel, saturate it with water, then wring it out. Microwave for about 2 minutes. When the towel is not too hot, hold it firmly over the area.

The only contraindication would be if the area is sensitive. My experience is that he will like the sensation (and it promotes healing).

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Was it laser eye surgery? I had no idea they could do anything like that for animals. But reading about [url=”http://www.docshop.com/education/vision/refractive/lasik/”]information on lasik surgery[/url], I guess it seems like they could.

Cool! And glad to hear that your dog is doing well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Surgical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!