Logo

drjeff1

“Poopsicles”

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I wasn’t sure where to post this one… 🙄

I generally pick up all the poop every day, but sometimes I don’t get to them right away. One of my three sheepies likes to ‘munch’ on her poops, especially when they turn into “poopsicles”.
    It’s absolutely disgusting to me, but she seems to ‘enjoy’ them. Is this bad for her system? Can it cause any problems?

Thank you,
    Tarja

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=oesrule]I Is this bad for her system? Can it cause any problems?
    [/quote]

Hi Tarja-

In general, poopsicle eating may be disgusting (to us) but usually is not harmful (wolves frequently eat droppings of other animals and their own stool).

This symptom (coprophagia) can sometimes just be due to a personal preference. Physiologically this is occasionally related to intestinal parasites (especially in puppies) or ravenous appetite (e.g. in improper diet or with Diabetes).

In my experience, stool-eating is most commonly associated with inappropriate diet (especially kibbles of all kinds) and mild internal (energetic) imbalances.

I find that species-appropriate diet and correctly used homeopathic remedies almost always stop stool eating (and scooting, and allergies, and…).

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you very much!

Tarja

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Diet and Nutrition Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!