Logo

drjeff1

Poodle puppy help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have an 11 week old poodle pup. when I got her at 8 weeks, her bowel movements were normal and fine, she suddenly developed diahrrea and I took her to the vet. All sorts of tests, no diagnosis..The vet told me to take her off puppy chow and put her on purina one and gave me a liquid for the diahrrea with an iron supplememnt in it as he said she was slightly anemic. Her BM are now on and off solid/watery. It was time for her shots the other day and she reacted allergic to the shots, they gave her Benedryl and IV for that. Now she has several spots on her head that appear to be sores of some type…Anyone have any clue as to what some of her symptoms may be indicitive of? thanks.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=litebluidone]Anyone have any clue as to what some of her symptoms may be indicitive of? thanks.[/quote]

First, puppy diarrhea + anemia often= hookworms. Have you checked 2-3 separate stool samples?

Second, reaction to vaccinations and subsequent skin stores often indicate an early immune dysfunction (“allergies”). I’d advise homeopathic treatment ASAP.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!