Logo

drjeff1

Pom urinary problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My 5 month old pom pup has learned not to pee inside but last night she peed twice on the sofa. She made it through the night and this morning she went outside and squatted at least seven times.(normally she goes twice in the morning outside) Does this sound like a urinary tract infection? If so, are there any remedies I can do at home. I heard cranberry juice but I’m not sure if that is safe for my pup.
    Thank-you,
    Shawn (stbern1)
    from NJ

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Stbern1]Does this sound like a urinary tract infection? If so, are there any remedies I can do at home. [/quote]

It does sound like her urinary tract is inflamed (not necessarily an “infection”). Although this may be very treatable without drugs, I strongly advise you to work with a vet in resolving these symptoms.

Personally I treat “UTIs” with homeopathy, diet modification, purified cranberry extract (Cranberry NS), vitamin C, etc. but you need to talk to your vet about this.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!