Logo

drjeff1

Peculiar Behavior for Dachshund

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    Anywho…
    I have a five year old miniature dachshund named Gracie. We’ve had her ever since she was eight weeks old, and she’s a pretty good dog overall. However, last August we went on vacation for a week and boarded her at a friend’s house who has two small dogs of his own. When we came back and took her home, she started acting strange. She was very moody (possibly depressed? heh.) and didn’t do much of anything. She got better a few days later, but she started doing this strange… shivering sort of thing. At random times of the day, she’ll hop up on my lap (or my family’s) and start to shiver and pant. She’ll get up in our faces, preventing us from doing what we were previously doing. This behavior only stops when we pur her in her crate, and a while later when we let her out she’ll be completly fine but the behavior will continue 15 or so minutes later. We took her to the vet and the vet said she was fine, so I don’t know what’s wrong with her. Now she refuses to eat unless we’re with her, she doesn’t eat treats, and if we give them to her she’ll bury them in her crate and stay there the whole day barking at our cat and our other dog if they pass by. She doesn’t go outside anymore without us watching her, and sometimes she refuses to go in the backyard (I think it’s because she’s scared of our two Blue Swedish ducks) so we have to put her on a leash and make her do her business in the frontyard.
    Does anyone know what this kind of behavior is? and how to solve it? Thanks for any help that you can give.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Duck Muffin]
    Does anyone know what this kind of behavior is? and how to solve it? Thanks for any help that you can give.[/quote]

This is a great symptom that probably could be successfully addressed with homeopathy. Schedule a phone or in-office consultation with a vet homeopath.

Dr. Jeff

BTW-Had you ever left her alone for a week as you did in August (when this started)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!