Logo

drjeff1

parvovirus threat

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

A friend has a dog that had parvovirus and recovered but also has a bitch with 2 week old puppies. She vaccinates her puppies but not older dogs. What would you recommend to try to help these puppies not succumb to parvovirus? At what age would you recommend vaccinating if using a monovalent vaccine? Would titer testing help determine this? I’ve seen recommendations for boostering every 2 weeks in a high risk situation, but I’m also leary of overvaccinating. The dogs are rawfed. Also do you think that Parvaid has any benefit in preventing parvo and if so how would you give it?
    Thanks, Sue

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=sthore]At what age would you recommend vaccinating if using a monovalent vaccine? [/quote]

Actually I don’t recommend vaccinating at all. Rabies as required by law and possibly during an epidemic. In addition to no vaccinations, fresh-food feeding or symptom suppression is very important..

The strongest immunity however is obtained without vaccinations in conjunction with constitutional, classical homeopathic treatment and proper nutrition. If treatment is started early in life, susceptibility to many diseases can be prevented (and treated once they develop).

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!