Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

OK to take with food if dog won’t take pillule any other way?

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Homeopathic Treatment OK to take with food if dog won’t take pillule any other way?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog was acting way different than he has been today. Sluggish. Walked gingerly. Yelped when I touched him. I thought perhaps he missed a step or didn’t jump all the way on the bed and slipped and pulled a muscle- he’s done that before, but usually acted normally otherwise. Today he acts like he hurts. His front legs seem to be especially bothering him, chest hurt too. I called his vet who thinks it could be Lyme and prescribed 1 M ledum to be taken 3 times a day for 3 days.

Only problem- he wouldn’t take the little pill. Seriously. I had to give it to him with a bit of food which I’m worried will significantly lessen its efficacy. (I take homeopathics myself and even had ledum here, only the 30 c strength)

If I add it to water will it be more beneficial- at least more than taking it with food? I want him to feel better.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Hopefully, your dog is fine by.

Absolutely! In fact, administering homeopathic remedies in water is my preferred method. Especially if the remedy needs to be repeat frequently.

My clients make up remedy solutions by adding 1 cup of bottled/filtered water to 1-3 of the poppyseed-sized pellets. There’s more info about diluting remedies in my client handout such as [url=https://www.homevet.com/for-current-clients-of-dr-jeff-feinman/item/326]this one[/url].

Be well.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply!

I finally was able to get the pill in his mouth- in his cheek beside his teeth. If I wait until he’s ‘out’ for the night he doesn’t fight me. Likewise when I get it to him when I first get up, when he’s still sleeping or semi-awake. When he’s fully awake, I don’t even bother trying.

After giving him ledum for 3 days, I’ve been giving him rhus tox 2 X a day because he very definitely was sore/stiff when first getting up (I can so relate!) and would be better after moving around a bit. He seems pretty much back to normal.

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

Great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!