Logo

drjeff1

New Puppy coming soon

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Dr. Jeff:

I will be adopting a new puppy (toy poodle) in 3 weeks, non-vaxed but fully vaxed parentage. He will be raw fed henceforth with all the other bells and whistles of being appropriately cared for. I will be in touch with you for homeopathy care if problems do develop. The main concern is the parvo. I’ve researched it well and understand how rare it is to contract and it is treatable albeit critical in a young pup. Which brings me to asking what I should have on hand if I should call you with those dreaded initial symptoms of parvo. The products Parvaid, etc. are a bit pricey so I’m wondering if it’s necessary to buy them or can they be acquired quickly enough at the time. Thanks so much.

Anna

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=AnnaC]what I should have on hand if I should call you with those dreaded initial symptoms of parvo. [/quote]

Hi Anna-

Congratulations on starting out right with your new pup. By far the best advice I can give you (without having treated the pup) is to develop a working relationship with a vet homeopath soon after (or even before) he arrives.

At first please limit exposure to infectious disease-concentrating situations (kennels, dog parks, groomers, vet hospitals, etc.) but encourage short exposure to other “healthy” dogs. This will allow gradual development of natural immunity. Proper diet, fresh air, exercise and lots of TLC will also foster the development of a strong immune system. It is these strong defenses and not vaccinations or antibiotics that truly are the best defense against infectious disease.

No need to buy expensive products prophylactically as long as you are mindful of exposure and know the early warning signs (vomiting, listlesssness, lack of appeite, diarrhea, etc.) so you can contact someone immediately if necessary.

Good luck and enjoy your new pup.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

[b]By far the best advice I can give you (without having treated the pup) is to develop a working relationship with a vet homeopath soon after (or even before) he arrives.[/b]

Thank you Dr Jeff. So how do I go about developing a working relationship with you as you would be the one I’d call.

Anna

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=AnnaC]So how do I go about developing a working relationship with you as you would be the one I’d call. [/quote]

Hi Anna-

It’s easy!! First read my new client information at [url]https://homevet.com/newclient/index.html[/url]. Then fill out and mail or fax your questionnaire and treatment agreement. Call the office when this is done and then we will talk about your preventative needs.

Thanks so much for your interest.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!