Logo

drjeff1

New Puppy and resident dog

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

II have a 3 pound 2 year old chihuahua.
    My boyfriend just got a pitbull puppy who is 3 months old. It is a disaster!!!
    His dog keeps trying to stand on top of her and licks her and then play bites her. But he keeps doing it and almost snapped her leg in 2.
    My dog then goes crazy and growls and bites him while wagging her tail.
    IF his dog does FINALLY ignore her then she will go over to him and get him riled up again by barking in his face.
    The result is madness. I have no clue if they are fighting or playing. And either way – they have to stop. One of them is going to get hurt.
    I usually stay at his house 4 out of the 7 days a week. Is this a contributing factor to their behavior?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=evelement] I have no clue if they are fighting or playing. And either way – they have to stop. One of them is going to get hurt.
    [/quote]

They are playing (albeit too aggressively for your little dog). Ask your boyfriend to exercise and tire out the puppy as much as possible before the two dogs play too much. And by all means, keep a close eye on their play to make sure that your Chihuahua doesn’t get injured (though it sounds like she can take care of herself).

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

I also have a pit mix dog that is about 3 yrs old and she is also aggressive with the puppy. When sh eis sniffing her she starts to chatter her mouth and starts to drool really bad. What does this mean?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!