Logo

drjeff1

New Mom

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi i am a new mom to a 5 month old retriever and pug puppy, and im finding alot of behavior problems from what he was allowed to get away with before.

My husband and i are not home most of the day and we do expect problems, and we do not blame the puppy for most of it, I have trained dogs before but we cannot seem to stop the most of the behavior. Like this is the 3rd shower curtain we’ve had we generally try to keep it up but if we forget then hes all over it.

We don’t like disiplining our dog with our hands if we can help it.. so i was curious about other ideas, on how to prositivly train our baby. like time outs.. (we don’t have a crate)

thanks

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=Shyna]i was curious about other ideas, on how to prositivly train our baby. like time outs..[/quote]

No need for any negative training. Read my puppy training articles and BUY A CRATE and start crate-training. You will also need to increase the activity level of this active puppy. Either hire someone to come in mid-day to play with the puppy or enroll in a doggy day care program. This (and most) puppys needs more activity.

Dr. Jeff

Anonymous

A good way to train your puppy is positive reinforcement for good days. Along with using crate training for time outs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘New Pets and Training’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!