Logo
“Educating and Empowering"
With Holistic Actions! and home-opathy
Home is where healing happens best.
The original HomeVet© Since 1987
join

drjeff1

New Aggression in GSD

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a 4 year old, raw fed, non vacced GSD who has always been fine with people we meet on walks, at campgrounds, etc. A couple of days ago while waiting for my husband outside a grocery store several people greeted him, he was fine, then a young girl about 18 years old put her hand out to him and he immediately growled and tried to nip her finger but did not make contact. I was shocked as he has never behaved like this before.
    The only other weird behavior is when anyone comes to the door he goes beserk, acts like King Kong, loud barking and jumping on the door. But when I open the door he is like a bunny rabbit, whether he knows the person or not, often bringing them his toy so they can play with him. He has done this for about 2 years and it is so embarrassing for me and must make the person outside the door think he is going to tear them to shreds. I have tried everything I know of to change this with no improvement. I am also now concerned about letting anyone greet him after the incident with the young girl and would like to know if there is a homeopathic treatment for this kind of mental quirk.
    Thanks for any input.
    nancy ellen

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=nancy ellen]would like to know if there is a homeopathic treatment for this kind of mental quirk.
    [/quote]

Here we are, years later, and I wonder if any behavior issues have persisted with your dog. My initial thought was that this was a normal situational behavior, but now we can evaluate the behavior much more effectively.

Dr. Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Homeopathic Treatment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!