Logo

drjeff1

My Kitten is in pain.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 14 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My kitten is starting to lose some of his teeth. he seems to be in pain. I can see the new cainines coming in but the old ones don’t look like they are going to fall out. He dosen’t seem interested in food or even water. What should I do?

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=rock998]My kitten is starting to lose some of his teeth. he seems to be in pain. [/quote]

We don’t usually see pups and kittens manifesting discomfort when they are teething. If you are convinced that this is the problem with your kitten then gently massage his gums with cold wet cloths or ice chips to help reduce the inflammation.

If he really isn ‘t eating anything I would advise a quick trip to your vet who can rule out any other problems.

Anonymous

[quote=”drjeff”]

If you are convinced that this is the problem with your kitten then gently massage his gums with cold wet cloths or ice chips to help reduce the inflammation.[/quote]

Thanks. I will try this and see if he is feeling any better.

Anonymous

could I use oral gel on his gums???

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

[quote=rock998]could I use oral gel on his gums???[/quote]

There are a number of veterinary oral gels that you can use. Or do you mean a human product (some of which contain topical anesthetics like lidocaine which you should avoid)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!