Logo

drjeff1

My dog is drinking a lot and won’t eat after having her heat cycle

Welcome to your reliable resource for online holistic veterinary help Forums Pet Owners Forum Medical Problems My dog is drinking a lot and won’t eat after having her heat cycle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dr. Jeff Feinman 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Question: Watery discharge after ending last mens. cycle on the 29th of Nov.
    Since ending her last period, she has
    only eaten small amounts of Rice..all
    that I could get her to eat.
    Drinks more water than usual and Urinates often. Licks private area because of the continous discharge of light but bleedy fuilds. She had a bleeding problem about a year ago from her bowels and that cost $600.00..Vet say she had an Ulcer!
    She seems to be in discomfort and if she continues not eating much and bleeding it just might get to the point were nothing can help!
    Have taken her to a Vet twice and was charged an outrageous amount of money..I’m disabled and just can’t afford hundreds of dollars!

Is there any medicine that I can provide myself. I am a retired medical person and could perhaps care for her at home if I only knew what to do for her. I love her very much as most owners do but trying to pay for her medical care and my own just won’t work!

Is this a condition that is going to continue and is it some genetic?

Please..I’m willing to do what I can!
    You may contact me at the above Email
    address and if needed I will give you a toll free Phone number. Yes, there are a few other Vets but the same problem..just can’t pay those high prices!

Thank you very much!

Sex: Female

username: [email protected]

Pet: Canine

Breed: Mini Schnauzer

Dr. Jeff Feinman
    Keymaster

It sounds like your dog may have a metritis (uterine infection), or other inflammation of the uterus. The most cost-effective option might be to have her spayed ASAP.

If spaying is out of the question, then she should start a course of medications such as prostaglandin to empty out her uterus. This however, may only prove to be a temporary fix.

In the meantime, she should be on antibiotics or immune-boosting natural agents such as high dose Vitamin C, echinacea, or a chinese herbal combination like Astra 8.

Homeopathic treatment can also be effective in this situation, but may take more time and expense.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!