Logo

drjeff1

My dog has Valley Fever

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My dog tested positive for valley Fever with a titer of 1:32. Oddly he tested positive 4 years ago with 1:8 and I honestly don’t know why we didn’t treat him then. He had a serious problem with ear ifnection, just found out he had hypothyroidism and he was on ketonconazole for the ear infections as a trial. I beleive this may have put him into remission. Several weeks ago he started coughing and so I rushed him to ER where she tested him for Valley fever and we found out a few days later that he did have it. We started him on flucoonazole right away. He seems to be doing fantastic but whatI have a question about is..he has one toe that has swelled up 3 times since November. It has responded to antibiotics and rimadyl and this past episode it burst before I could get him in. I can’t help but think it is related to the valley fever but my Dr doesn’t think it is becuase it is responding to the antibiotics which isn’t typical with Valley Fever sores. They think it may be a nailbed issue.

This is what he is currently taking…Soloxine (thyroid .08 in the am & .04 pm) 2 times a day,
    Fluconazole 300 mg 2 times a day and an antibiotic. I also give him Garlic (4 gels a day), multi vitamin (2 a day) Vitiamin C (2000 mg a day split into 2 meals), Milk Thistle( 1 in the morning and 1 at night) and Azmira’s Yeast and Fungal Detox (2 times a day).

I would like to hear if anyone has good success with the fluconaozle and if there is anything “natural” that I can give him (along with his meds) to help him get over this or at least to a livable standpoint. He hasn’t lost his appetite and loves to still go for walks and do all the other things he has enjoyed.

Thanks for any thoughts![/FONT][/FONT]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Medical Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

You can now find Dr. Jeff at Holistic Actions!